Base Doll Competition
- It's up to the artist whether they want their base doll to be nude, sexually featureless, or have permanent underwear. No hentai type dolls will be accepted. If a doll is nude and anatomically correct I ask that you also include a cnf and set of cels for an all ages version of that doll. These cels can either be modified to have 'painted-on' underwear or 'barbie style' nudity (there isn't underwear and the doll is completely flesh colored but there are no genitalia or nipples on female dolls).
- Dolls must use a 256 color palette and be 700 x 600 or smaller. The 'Bounding Box' (the entire play area for the doll) is also limited to 700 x 600. No Ckiss entries will be accepted (though we may run a ckiss competition now and then)
- Fkiss on base dolls is limited to the changing of facial expressions and hairstyles. The idea behind this rule is to make it easier for those artists new to kiss to create clothing without having to worry about animating the clothing to fit the doll. Animated title graphics or anything that won't directly interfere with clothing creation is fine. This may change if people are open to creating wardrobes for dolls with other animation or effects. If fkiss effects are included they must be functioning and submitted with all cels and the .cnf file included in the lzh.
- All dolls will be posted at the end of the competition month and users will be given 2 votes to vote on their 2 favorite submissions. At the end of the voting period the votes will be tallied and the winning entry will then be used in the next month's wardrobe contest. The winner will also provide guideline words for the next month's base doll competition.
- Previous winner's entries will be excluded from the vote to give all a chance to have their base doll submissions included in a set.
- The wardrobe will be for the previous month's winner of the base doll competition. It will be restricted to the palette that base doll used
- The artist of the base doll may create a wardrobe entry for their own base doll but it is ineligible for the competition. If the artist chooses to create the wardrobe entry it will be included in the expansion set which includes all ineligible and non-winning entries.
- No modification may be made to the base doll, palette, or any code associated with it. This is to prevent breaking it for other folk's sets for the finished doll.
- No clothes with profanity (or sound files for that matter), graphically violent, or sexually explicit material will be accepted.
- You're designing a single wardrobe entry for the doll, including any backgrounds, accessories and animations associated.
- If fkiss effects are included in the wardrobe they must be functioning and submitted with all cels and the .cnf file included in the lzh.
- All wardrobe entries will be posted at the end of the competition month and users will be given 4 votes; 2 for their favorite artistic submissions and 2 for their favorite original/creative/quirky submissions. At the end of the voting period the votes will be tallied and the top 5 entries for artistic and the top 5 entries for originality will be included in the final set.
- Please label your .cel files with your initials to make it easier for me to compile the final sets. For example, I'm creating a skirt for Alexis. I would label my file jpskirt.cel or jp_skirt.cel. If Dov Sherman were creating pants for Alexis he would name his dspants.cel or ds_pants.cel.
Send all submissions to email@example.com
As your subject enter "MKC wardrobe/base doll submission"
In the body include: Your name, any comments or descriptions you want displayed with your entry, and if your entry is for the base doll competition specify whether or not you would like to make it available as a template for others to use. If your entry is for the wardrobe competition specify if you'd like to make it availabe as part of an expansion set with all the non-winning entries.
Artists retain distribution rights to their own base doll files, cnf files, and wardrobe files. By submitting to the base doll or wardrobe competition you give the MKC permission to recompile and distribute any base doll files, cnf files, or wardrobe files you provide as part of your submission.